East Bay SBDC presents
Raising Capital for Small Business
Workshops & Capital Summit
February 7 – April 25, 2024
In need of capital to start or grow your business?
Want to learn financing available for different stages of business?
Want to learn different channels for financing your business?
East Bay SBDC presents a series of workshops to assist businesses to know how to finance/raise capital for your business.
Our advisors are available to assist businesses with different types of financing.
Capital Summit provides a special networking opportunity for businesses to meet lenders in-person.
1. Financing for Start-up and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs
- Anita Russell – Community Development Manager, Working Solutions CDFI
- Alberto Enriquez – Senior Credit Analyst, Pacific Community Ventures
- Adrian Gomez Zavala – Vice President, Relationship Manager, Main Street Launch
- Christian Magallon – Community Development Officer, TMC Community Capital
2. Bank Financing for Small Business (non-start-ups) – Part I
- What a borrower must know.
- Conventional bank lending & SBA loans.
3. Bank Financing for Small Business (non-start-ups) – Part II
- Preparing for bank financing.
4. Equity Financing – Angel and Venture Capital Investments
- Delve into the world of raising capital through angel investors and venture capitalists.
- Discover the keys to the process of raising and securing funding.
- Experiences and best practices will be shared to gain valuable insights to propel your entrepreneurial journey to new heights.
- Connect, learn, and explore the dynamic landscape of funding for startups and small businesses.
5. How Factoring and Purchase Order Finance Can Grow Your Business Faster Than Traditional Finance
- This workshop is perfect for businesses that provide products or services for other businesses or government and have to invoice and wait 30, 60 or 90 days to get paid.
- Learn the basics of how accounts receive and purchase order finance work.
- Discover how this finance solution can allow you to target larger clients and have the cash flow to handle growth, pay suppliers, and cover a growing payroll.
- Get answers to every question you’ve had about accounts receivable and purchase order finance from an expert with 23+ years in the business.
6. How to Use Crowdfunding to Raise Capital for Small Business
- Learn how to create a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- Learn how to effectively market and promote your campaign.
- Learn about the various types of crowdfunding platforms available and what makes each type of crowdfunding appropriate for your business.
7. Navigating SBIR/STTR Funding Opportunities
- Overview of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
- Qualifications and eligibility requirements.
- How to determine if your innovation is a good fit for SBIR/STTR funding.
- Steps to preparing a SBIR/STTR proposal.
8. SBA Financing for Start-up or Business Purchase
- For someone who wants to start a business or purchase a business.
- Lender’s view on these requests.
- Steps to take.
9. Exit Planning for Business Owners
- For business owners who are planning to retire.
- What are the options.
- How to prepare the business for possible SBA financing the sale.
10. East Bay SBDC Capital Summit
- Lenders’ Panel Presentation & Discussion.
- Networking between Businesses and Lenders.